Monday, January 7, 2013

7:14 Movement



"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, 
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
-2 Chronicles 7:14


January 6-12 is a week of prayer. The 7:14 movement is an national movement to make prayer more intentional and more widespread. The verse in Chronicles is very direct in it's words and should be a challenge to everyone. Our Church is pushing this movement, and I pray that you do as well with your Church and family. The idea of 7:14 is simple. We all have busy schedules and on average have a hard time making "time" for God. At 7:14 AM, we stop and say a small prayer. At 7:14 PM, we stop what we are doing and say another small prayer. There are set prayers available if needed, and you can download the file HERE. Or if you choose, pick a topic that you can focus and pray on for a few moments. This is nothing earth shattering or difficult. If you think it's cliche, I suggest you read the verse above again. I plan to do this on my own and with my family and hope you do the same. Check out some links below to assist in the process and to make the impact go farther in your life. Please share this with others and have a great week of Prayer!

Download the free iPhone app HERE or go on your iPhone iTunes app and download.

Purchase the "28 Day Journal" HERE. Available as an eBook or Regular Book.



1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for this post! I do talk to God during the day, but I don't pray enough. I will also remind myself to give thanks to God for all he has given me, and not just ask for help all the time. I have downloaded the app to my ipod; I like it! God bless.

    Garry

    ReplyDelete